Melbourne Footy Trip

I Love football. I love blogging. Why not start a footy blog?
I'm about to take a group of kids from country WA to Melbourne for a feast of footy fun, this is the place for news , stories and pictures of our adventures.

About Me

My photo
Addicted to blogging. Married. Father of 4. Sport Nut. Geelong mad. Chaplain. Painter. I'm an Ideas Man. Hard to beat at Trivial Pursuit or Scrabble.

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

That's Better

After several weeks of abysmal tipping I'm relieved to say that I got 7/8 this week, only Carlton letting me down against the Crows.

I'm pretty much out of the running in the school tipping comp, being 8 points behind the leader. The only option is to pick a couple of roughies each week and hope for the best, which hasn't been working for me up until now!


My Dream Team has finished 6th on the ladder and will play in an elimination final this weekend. I've had the 2nd highest scsoring team in the league the last two weeks so should be good enough to get past the first week at least. I've got three trades available to strengthen the team and now the decision is whether to pick Matthew Pavlich. He's been in good form but he plays for the Dockers and that's reason enough to be wary!


AFL News


I'm glad Darren Milburn's suspension was reduced from 4 games down to 1. It was a hard impact tackle but certainly not worthy of a 4 week suspension.


Alan Didak and Heath Shaw on the other hand have had the book thrown at them by Collingwood and rightly so. Drinking and driving is for bloody idiots in the first instance but then pretending they could deny it and lie about their involvement was plainly a ludicrous decision. Melnbourne is such a footy mad place they were never going to get away with it. Didak has surely pushed it too far this time and should be traded. Shaw may survive but only just. His blood alcohol limit was three times the legal level and he crashed into two cars doing $30,000 damage. He can at least be thankful that he didn't kill himself or anyone else!

No comments: