Melbourne Footy Trip

I Love football. I love blogging. Why not start a footy blog?
I'm about to take a group of kids from country WA to Melbourne for a feast of footy fun, this is the place for news , stories and pictures of our adventures.

About Me

My photo
Addicted to blogging. Married. Father of 4. Sport Nut. Geelong mad. Chaplain. Painter. I'm an Ideas Man. Hard to beat at Trivial Pursuit or Scrabble.

Monday, June 30, 2008

Great News

Great news!

This morning I secured the final set of tickets for the trip, for the game between Geelong and Fremantle at Kardinia Park.

General admission tickets don't go on sale until tomorrow but as a Cats member I was able to buy them a day earlier.
I had anticipated having to buy standing room but, as a special bonus, we got seats in the Gary Ablett Terrace.

Ticketmaster opened for sale at 9.00 Melbourne time so I had to get up early too!

Its all systems go now!


The Split Round

I forgot to post my tips this week but that's probably just as well because my tipping is pitiful!
Richmond didn't beat Carlton, North didn't beat St Kilda, Fremantle didn't beat Essendon and Brisbane didn't beat Melbourne!!! I did manage to get Hawthorn and the Bulldogs right but considering they are in the top three on the ladder that was no great achievement!

I'm glad the AFL made some slight change to the split round fixtures this year and are playing two games next weekend instead of one as they usually do. A whole weekend with only one football game is very unsatisfactory!
I'm tipping the Cats on Friday night to beat the Crows at AAMI Stadium, and Sydney to beat Collingwood at ANZ on Saturday. Hopefully I'll break even with my tips!!!

I listened to the last quarter of the Melbourne/Brisbane game and it was a fantastic finish. The Dees had lead the entire game only to fall 11 points behind with 2:45 left on the clock thanks to the dominance of Johnathon Brown and Daniel Bradshaw. But, refusing to accept the script, Melbourne hit back with two goals in the last two minutes to win just their second game of the season. Brad Miller was the hero, marking in the goal square to kick the winning goal with less than a minute left! The crowd went mad and the singing of the theme song rivalled a finals victory rendition!

Bizarre Injuries
AFL footy is a tough game and players suffer all sorts of injuries but this weekend has seen two of the most bizarre ever: Daniel Kerr was stung by a stingray during recovery at StKilda beach on Saturday morning, and Graham Polak was hit by a Melbourne tram on Saturday night.
Kerr will recover without a problem but Polak is in an induced coma and is out for the rest of the season; his career possibly over completely!

No comments: