Melbourne Footy Trip

I Love football. I love blogging. Why not start a footy blog?
I'm about to take a group of kids from country WA to Melbourne for a feast of footy fun, this is the place for news , stories and pictures of our adventures.

About Me

My photo
Addicted to blogging. Married. Father of 4. Sport Nut. Geelong mad. Chaplain. Painter. I'm an Ideas Man. Hard to beat at Trivial Pursuit or Scrabble.

Monday, June 16, 2008

Round 12 Wrap

As I predicted, it was a tough round to predict! I got 5 out of 8 and although I'm still 7th in the tipping comp I'm now 4 behind the leader instead of 2.


I enjoyed watching Geelong beat Port Adelaide (again) despite their attempts to rough up Gary Ablett. Good to see the Cats back on top of the ladder thanks to the percentage boost and Hawthorn's narrow win V Adelaide.


No surprise that Lance Franklin wasn't suspended, there are protected species in the AFL and the latest superstar is one of them.


2008 has seen the re-emergence of the full-forward with both Franklin and Fevola regularly kicking big bags of goals. When they get on a roll there's almost no stopping them.



Who'd have thought Carlton would be in the eight? Judd, Fevola and all those number 1 and priority draft picks are really paying dividends. Will they stay there? St Kilda and Port are no threat and Richmond won't make it so the only real competition for 8th spot looks like North Melbourne whose wheels have fallen off lately.






No comments: