Melbourne Footy Trip

I Love football. I love blogging. Why not start a footy blog?
I'm about to take a group of kids from country WA to Melbourne for a feast of footy fun, this is the place for news , stories and pictures of our adventures.

About Me

My photo
Addicted to blogging. Married. Father of 4. Sport Nut. Geelong mad. Chaplain. Painter. I'm an Ideas Man. Hard to beat at Trivial Pursuit or Scrabble.

Monday, July 21, 2008

It Pays to Shop Around

It pays to shop around. I went into the city today to pick up my gear and get a hire car for the trip to the airport in the morning. I fly at 6.00 and need to be there by about 5.15 so will need to leave here (Gary and Christine's) by 4.45 which means I'll need to be up by 4.30, which means I need to go to bed shortly!
I tried 6 different car hire companies and was quoted prices ranging from $46 to $72.
Just as I was about to go back to Budget (the $46 quote) I decided to give Avis a try. They are usually dearer than the rest but I figured it was worth checking.
Their price?
$33.
Bargain!
Seeing as it costs $16 for the shuttle bus from Southern Cross and it would take me way longer to get there going by train and bus, the car is a winner.

The next challenge was packing!

I've managed it reasonably well and even got the check-in bags down to 23kg which shouldn't incur any penalty.

It's been a great trip but it will good to get home and see the family tomorrow.

PS. I finally got to see Ned Kelly's armour today, it's on display on the 5th floor of the Victorian State Library. It was pretty interesting to see first hand and up close such a significant Australian icon.

No comments: