Melbourne Footy Trip

I Love football. I love blogging. Why not start a footy blog?
I'm about to take a group of kids from country WA to Melbourne for a feast of footy fun, this is the place for news , stories and pictures of our adventures.

About Me

My photo
Addicted to blogging. Married. Father of 4. Sport Nut. Geelong mad. Chaplain. Painter. I'm an Ideas Man. Hard to beat at Trivial Pursuit or Scrabble.

Friday, July 18, 2008

Pay More Attention!!

Hmmm! It pays to read the fine print! The flight I thought I was catching at 7.15 was actually due to land at 7.15, and take off at 6.15!!!!! No wonder they paged me!
And, despite the discomfort of "sleeping" at the airport, if I hadn't done that I'd have missed it completely! All's well that ends well but I felt pretty silly at having mis-read my itinerary.

I was pretty wrecked when I arrived back in Melbourne so I caught the train back to Dennis and walked to Jacinta and Jeff's place in Northcote and went to bed! The only thing that disturbed me was a strange dream, something I've been having quite a few of lately but not enough to stop me getting a very handy 4 1/2 hours sleep, after which I felt much better.

The next challenging task was packing! Typically I've bought and accumulated significantly more than I came with and all my bags are bursting at the seams, literally! I thought I'd got it all sussed and under control until I was about to leave and Jacinta asked "Is that your pillow?" Where was I going to pack a pillow? Somehow I managed and headed for the station at Merri. Thankfully there is a good locker system at Southern Cross station and I was able to store my gear there before meeting up with Russell and going to the football. He is a life-long Collingwood fan, I, being a good footy fan, hate Collingwood so I barracked for North Melbourne who went on to win a pretty good game.

We caught the 11.05 train down to Geelong where I'll stay for the next couple of nights. I need to be up early tomorrow to get down to Kardinia Park so I ca get into the footy. The game is a sell-out and although my membership ticket will get me in, there are limited places available and I don't want to miss out! This is going to be one of the games of the season!

Go Cats!!

No comments: