Melbourne Footy Trip

I Love football. I love blogging. Why not start a footy blog?
I'm about to take a group of kids from country WA to Melbourne for a feast of footy fun, this is the place for news , stories and pictures of our adventures.

About Me

My photo
Addicted to blogging. Married. Father of 4. Sport Nut. Geelong mad. Chaplain. Painter. I'm an Ideas Man. Hard to beat at Trivial Pursuit or Scrabble.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Ready to fly....Almost!!

I got up on time and made it to the airport on time, returned the hire car on time and checked in on time......but my flight is not on time!!
"The engineer is working on a problem with the air conditioning" - nameless Virgin Blue staff member.

So, naturally, when placed in this situation, I choose to blog!

The other good news is that the cafe is now open for business and I may be able to get some breakfast to go along with my bottle of water and Boost Bar. Did I tell you that I've become very partial to Boost Bars? In fact they are close to assuming top spot on my favourite chocolate bar list, a position that has been held by Cherry Ripes for close to 25 years. The only other bar to ever hold the position was a Chokito for which I used to scab up empty soft drink bottles to return to the local deli for refunds in order to satisfy my craving when I was about 13.
I'm looking forward to a toasted ham cheese and tomato Panini.
I've got my copy of The Age, perhaps the best newspaper in Australia, for my final fix of Victorian footy journalism.

The flight is now 5 minutes past departure time so I'm going to be late back, and late to work!!

Hopefully Favourite Daughter got my text and will be at the airport to pick me up when I arrive.

PS. The Shark couldn't do it! Despite the whole country watching and willing him on, it wasn't to be. We should have expected nothing else!

No comments: